Quick Start Guide to Teaching Remotely
On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, EKU instructors were asked to adapt learning materials to an alternative delivery format during the week of March 16th and be ready to deliver all courses remotely beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
This page reflects EKU IT's current recommendations and support paths as of March 11, 2020. These are subject to change. Please check back for updates. Stay informed with EKU's coronavirus (COVID-19) information page.
Develop and Add Course Content to Blackboard Site
- Types of Content (Content Area from Course Menu/Build Content)
- Build Content (Organize Files/Images/External Links/etc.)
- Assessments (Tests/Surveys/Assignments/SafeAssignment)
Customize Blackboard Course Theme
Communicate with Class with Blackboard
- Announcements - An ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success
- Online Discussions - These allow students to discuss ideas and demonstrate their grasp of the material and correct misconceptions
- Email Tool - This will enable you to send an email to the people in your course
Assess your students
- Assignments - Allows you to create and edit assignments as well as grade assignments submitted by students
- Tests and surveys - This functionality allows you to measure student knowledge, gauge progress, and gather information from students.
- Assessment and Remote Teaching (Information from Boston University's Center for Teaching and Learning with links to EKU resources)
Record a Lecture
Hold a Synchronous Class or Student Hours Online
Blackboard Collaborate is a powerful all-in-one platform that offers you an immersive human experience through your computer, tablet, or mobile device anywhere, anytime. A fully interactive web conferencing environment and asynchronous voice authoring capabilities allow for greater engagement so that you're not missing a thing.
You can use a robust tool set that allows you to web conference and connect with one student or your entire class. You and your students can collaborate using audio, video, and recording capabilities. You can also use private and public chat, a whiteboard, application sharing, a clip art library, and add and edit content at any time.
You and your students can easily access many EKU Library resources online with your EKU email username and password. For help with accessing library resources, please visit https://libanswers.eku.edu/.
EKU Instructional Design Center Resources
The EKU Instructional Design Center has a lot of resources available!
Stanford University's Tomorrow's Professor Postings
A few of the postings regarding teaching online!
Where can I get help?
EKU offers several avenues to obtain help with telecommuting and remote work:
IT Service Desk - 1-859-622-3000 [Hours - EST]
Twitter [DM Us]