General Password Information
You may use the information on this page to reset your password. Passwords expire every 180 days and can be reset through the Self-Service Password Tool but only after you enroll in Verification Code.
• Must be at least 10 characters long [Did you know it would take 16 billion times longer to crack a 16-character password compared to an 8-character password?]
• Cannot contain any part of your name or username
• You cannot reuse your previous three passwords
• Must contain at least one  of these: UPPERCASE LETTER, lowercase letter, number, symbol [For example: ! @ # $]
• Should not contain any character more than twice in a row
• Should not be a palindrome [the same forwards as backwards]
• We also recommend using a password manager/vault [For example: LastPass or 1Password]
The self-service password tool resets the Microsoft Azure password for students and employees on these accounts:
• BlackBoard Learn
• Google Drive/Apps
• Microsoft OneDrive/Apps
Microsoft Account Recovery - Password Reset
- Go to myMail login to login (https://mymail.eku.edu)
- On Enter password screen choose Forgot my password
- You are redirected to a screen with your recover information. Enter the CAPTCHA then click Next
- Next screen preseted with different reset options - email, text, or call. Choose what you want then the associated blue button. Now you can reset your password. Use strong password rules. Recommendations for creating a strong password: https://it.eku.edu/password-security
- IF, for some reason you don't receive the email, text, or call (give it a few minutes) click the Try again link
- Click the Finish button.
- Once the password is reset, on the next screen select click here to login
- NOTE: Even if you don't use email for recovery, if it is selected, you will receive an email that your password was reset.
A word of caution. In carrying out all these operations, use the utmost discretion. Be careful that you are not observed typing in your password or authentication data. Never leave your workstation while you are logged into your Microsoft Profile. Close the browser completely once you are finished.