Your EKUDirect "user id" is your student identification number that begins with 900 or 901.
The pin is a 6 digit pin (all numbers).
User id: 901999999 (cannot be changed)
Change your EKUDirect PIN:
There are several options for changing your EKUDirect PIN:
- full name
- EKU id number or date of birth
- daytime phone number
- readable copy of 2 ID's
Do not call the Registrar's Office or the Help Desk-they cannot reset your PIN by phone. What to do if you lose/forget your EKU ID Number
♦GURU Video: How to Change Your EKU Direct Pin Number
►E-Key (Primary Password and Username)
The E-Key is the primary password and username for all students at EKU for:
- Wireless network
- Accessing library database off campus
- Student Election Voting
- On campus computers
- W: Drive off campus
Username: FirstName_LastName ( John Smith=John_Smith)
Password: Password can be changed
- Must be 8 characters beginning with letter, and including one number
- Cannot contain special characters
Change your E-Key Password
- Visit https://mymail.eku.edu/passchange.aspx
- Enter your username and old password in the spaces provided
- Enter a new password according to the password restrictions mentioned above
- Click Change Password
Forgot your E-Key Password?
- Login to EKUDirect
- Click on the Personal Information Tab
- Select Change Student Blackboard and Email (AD) Password
- Enter a new password
- Confirm password
- Click Reset Password
♦GURU Video: Change your Student Email and Blackboard Password
Password Protocol for E-Key
- User ID's shall be unique and assigned to an individual EKU computer and/or network system user.
- Passwords and/or pins are considered confidential information and shall not be shared or transferred to others.
DO NOT write down your passwords and/or pins where they can be seen or interpreted easily by others.
DO NOT post your passwords and/or pins.
DO NOT store electronically, cache, or transmit by email or other technical means.
Avoid using your name, pet's name, relative's name or other common names, user ID, birth date, phone number, address or other personal information.
- Minimum password requirements:
•8 characters for general users, 9 characters for elevated privilege systems
•Alphanumeric with one letter and one number and must begin with a letter
•Cannot be reused for 4 days
- After 3 unsuccessful logon attempts, computer and network users will be locked out for 30 minutes.
- Authentication information stored on University computer or network shall be protected so that authentication information cannot be accessed by an unauthorized user or process.
- Users shall be logged off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- System administrators shall periodically review, remove and/or modify EKU computer and network system user accounts as appropriate.
- EKU reserves the right to review and/or require change of any identification and/or authentication process for compliance.
More Information on EKUDirect
Password & Account Article for Employees
More Information about Passwords and Passphrases