Wednesday, March 9, 2022
EKU IT will be reconfiguring our firewalls for high availability on March 9, 2022.
OUTAGE START: March 9, 2022, 10:00 PM
OUTAGE END: March 9, 2022, 11:30 PM
IMPACT\SERVICES: Expected outage for campus services - 5-10 minutes.
Monday, January 20, 2022
EKU Networking will be applying software upgrades to our wireless management system this evening. Wireless will be down for periods between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM as the different parts of the system are updated. Wired ports will continue to work.
Start Date\Time: Monday, January 10, 2022 - 6:00 PM
End Date\Time: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 1:00 AM
Impact: All wireless users on campus will see connection issues during the posted hours.
Thursday, December 9, 2021
IT will be installing new firewalls for the campus on Thursday, December 9, 2021:
OUTAGE START: 6:30 PM
OUTAGE END: 7:30 PM
IMPACT\SERVICES: Expected outage for campus servers: 15-20 seconds
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Information Technology needs to schedule an outage to migrate to new firewall equipment.
Thursday (07/15) starting at 9:00 PM and ending by 10:00 PM.
• This change will cause a short internet outage while services are moved to the new equipment.
• The Cisco AnyConnect software will no longer work after this upgrade is complete. Users who use VPN to connect to EKU's network will need to install different software. A targeted email was sent to employees that use the Cisco AnyConnect software with instructions and what to expect.
Monday, July 5, 2021
On Monday, July 5, Blackboard will be down for maintenance by the Blackboard company. The outage begins at 12:30 a.m. on Monday, July 5, and ends at 4:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 13, 3031
Information Technology needs to schedule an outage to replace the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) unit located in AC Building.
Work being performed:
- IT equipment will be shut down.
- Old UPS disconnected.
- New UPS connected and tested.
- IT equipment powered on.
Wired and wireless outages for the AC Building.
Thursday (5/13) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
IT Networking needs to apply software updates to the core routers. #EKU
Impact: All campus network services (wired and wireless) will be offline 30-45 minutes.
Proposed Window: May 12th from 8:00 -> 9:00 PM.
Saturday & Sunday, April 10 & 11, 2021) - UPS Replacements
Information Technology needs to schedule outages to replace aging Uninterrupted Power Supply units located in several buildings across campus.
Work being performed:
• IT equipment will be shut down.
• Old UPS disconnected.
• New UPS connected and tested.
• IT equipment powered on.
Wired and wireless outages for the listed buildings due to the routers being down. WEKU and Public Safety - there will be a period of time without internet access for your areas.
• Outage Window: Saturday (4/10) from 9:00 PM until 1:00 AM
• Buildings Impacted: Palmer, Combs, Mcgregor, Powell, Weaver, Mattox, Mccreary, Miller, Keith, Keene Johnson, Beckham, Alumni Coliseum, Model, Grand Campus, Library, Martin Hall, Whitlock, Student Rec Center, Soccer Field.
• Proposed Outage Window: Sunday (4/11) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM
• Buildings Impacted: Public Safety (EMS/911 Building), Perkins, Ashland, Keene Hall, Performing Arts, BTC, Craft, Carter, Adams, Stratton, Planetarium, DOCJT, Leach Parking Lot, Observatory, Bizzack.
Saturday, April 3, 2021 - Blackboard Upgrade
EKU Blackboard will be unavailable from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. The Blackboard company needs that time to upgrade the security of our database. Please plan your work accordingly.
Saturday, March 20, 2021 - UPS Replacements
• Proposed Outage Window: Saturday (3/20) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM
• Buildings Impacted: Rowlett, Whalin, Dizney, Student Rec, Moberly, Begley, Gentry, Scholar House, Wallace, Commonwealth, Clay Hall, South Hall, Telford Hall, Martin House, North Hall, Meadowbrook, Arlington, along with any remote locations serviced via a wireless bridge.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 - CAS Server Emergency Patch
Microsoft has released a patch for the exchange service to fix a serious vulnerability. IT needs to apply a fix beginning at 12:30 PM. The CAS server will experience issues for about 10 minutes while this work is being applied.
Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 9-11 PM
There will be short network outages as we update our distribution routers. All serices will be intermittently disrupted during this period. Please plan your work accordingly.