Thursday, May 13, 3031
Information Technology needs to schedule an outage to replace the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) unit located in AC Building.
Work being performed:
- IT equipment will be shut down.
- Old UPS disconnected.
- New UPS connected and tested.
- IT equipment powered on.
Wired and wireless outages for the AC Building.
Thursday (5/13) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
Wednesday, May 12, 2021
IT Networking needs to apply software updates to the core routers. #EKU
Impact: All campus network services (wired and wireless) will be offline 30-45 minutes.
Proposed Window: May 12th from 8:00 -> 9:00 PM.
Saturday & Sunday, April 10 & 11, 2021) - UPS Replacements
Information Technology needs to schedule outages to replace aging Uninterrupted Power Supply units located in several buildings across campus.
Work being performed:
• IT equipment will be shut down.
• Old UPS disconnected.
• New UPS connected and tested.
• IT equipment powered on.
Wired and wireless outages for the listed buildings due to the routers being down. WEKU and Public Safety - there will be a period of time without internet access for your areas.
• Outage Window: Saturday (4/10) from 9:00 PM until 1:00 AM
• Buildings Impacted: Palmer, Combs, Mcgregor, Powell, Weaver, Mattox, Mccreary, Miller, Keith, Keene Johnson, Beckham, Alumni Coliseum, Model, Grand Campus, Library, Martin Hall, Whitlock, Student Rec Center, Soccer Field.
• Proposed Outage Window: Sunday (4/11) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM
• Buildings Impacted: Public Safety (EMS/911 Building), Perkins, Ashland, Keene Hall, Performing Arts, BTC, Craft, Carter, Adams, Stratton, Planetarium, DOCJT, Leach Parking Lot, Observatory, Bizzack.
Saturday, April 3, 2021 - Blackboard Upgrade
EKU Blackboard will be unavailable from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. The Blackboard company needs that time to upgrade the security of our database. Please plan your work accordingly.
Saturday, March 20, 2021 - UPS Replacements
• Proposed Outage Window: Saturday (3/20) from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM
• Buildings Impacted: Rowlett, Whalin, Dizney, Student Rec, Moberly, Begley, Gentry, Scholar House, Wallace, Commonwealth, Clay Hall, South Hall, Telford Hall, Martin House, North Hall, Meadowbrook, Arlington, along with any remote locations serviced via a wireless bridge.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 - CAS Server Emergency Patch
Microsoft has released a patch for the exchange service to fix a serious vulnerability. IT needs to apply a fix beginning at 12:30 PM. The CAS server will experience issues for about 10 minutes while this work is being applied.
Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 9-11 PM
There will be short network outages as we update our distribution routers. All serices will be intermittently disrupted during this period. Please plan your work accordingly.