Mapping a drive means you assign a drive letter on your computer to a server path. You can then connect to the server without having to remember and type the path every time.
1. On the Start menu, click Computer
2. In the next window, click Map Network Drive.
3. In the Folder box, type the path to the server. For example for student W: drives:
4. Click Connect Using Different Credentials, and then click Finish.
5. In the User name box, type your email login for the domain.
6. In the Password box, type your email password for the domain, and then click OK.
NOTE: In the future, when you want to connect to this server , the mapped drive should be available. On the Start menu, click Computer. In the next windows, click the server.