Budget Queries in EKUDirect
- Quickly generate real-time budget vs. actual reports for your organization
- Easily drill down to see the detail behind summary figures
Budget Queries Do NOT
- Get balances for foundation (related to anything in Chart F), student ORGs (Fund codes begins with S), agency funds (Fund code begins with N), or temp funds (Fund code begins with 14) .
- For grants-a query will not default to the "grant" fiscal year-It is viewed by EKU's fiscal year.
- Login to EKUDirect
- Click on Finance tab
- Click on Budget Queries
Fund - (Where) Specific source of monies
ex. 110000 – Current Unrestricted E & G (Education & General)
Organization – (Who) Department or Grant (Budget) Code
ex. 100000 – President
Account – (What) Classification of Expenditures
ex. 710800 - Office Supplies
Program - Specific purpose
ex. 10 – Instruction
Activity – Used for reporting; Special Projects
ex. 9XXXXX - Faculty
Location - Physical place or site used by Fixed Assets for inventory
ex. PK301 – Perkins Building, Room 301
In EKU Direct Finance, there are three types of Budget Queries:
• “Budget Status by Account” to review budget information by account code for the Fiscal Period and Year to Date. You can do this by Specific FOAPAL values, Specific Organization codes, Grant, Fund Type, Account Type, or Revenue Account codes.
• “Budget Query by Organizational Hierarchy” to review budget information of organizations for the Fiscal Period and Year to Date. You can do this by: Hierarchical Structure, Specific Organization Codes, Accounts, Account Type, or Revenue Accounts.
• “Budget Quick Query” the overall budget status (total expenditures and balance). It will not give you a net balance for any particular budget category (i.e. current expense, travel, etc.). It will not allow you to get detail on any particular entry.
To create a query, select your query type & click Create Query. We will be creating a query using “Budget Status by Organizational Hierarchy.”
Select the columns you would like to see.
NOTE: Boxes that are checked will default next time you log in.
Once your columns are selected, click Continue.
Operating Ledger Data Columns
These columns will appear on your query, if checked.
Fill in the following fields - Fiscal year; Fiscal period; Chart of Accounts, Fund/Org.
Commitment Type is always “ALL.” Then click “Submit Query.”
Your report will appear!
This report separates by Account Types:
50 – Revenue
(must have ‘Include Revenue Accounts’ box checked to populate data)
60 – Personnel
70 – Operating Expenses
Another way to get to more transaction detail information by all accounts, go to EKU E-forms button, click on ‘T’ and select Transaction Detail Report.
It brings up each expense for the In-state travel. The document codes which begin with an “I” are invoices. You can click on those “I” documents to see further information.
Clicked on the first “I” document (I0368344):
Click on the “I” document (again) to see further information. This brings up the invoice information.
Banner Budget Forms/Reports
FGIBDST – Organization Budget Status (same as what you see in EKU Direct)
FRIGTRD – Grant Transaction Detail Form
FGITBSR – Trial Balance Summary
FGRODTA – Organization Detail Activity - (same as what you see in EKUDirect)
FGRBDSC – Budget Status (Current Period) - (same as what you see in EKUDirect)
FGJBBFM – Budget by Financial Manager (can only run for one fiscal year and ‘fiscal period’ at a time) - (same as what you see in EKUDirect)
**Although not required, it is highly recommended that you attend at** least one EKU Direct Finance training session (offered monthly).