The important goal of creating a new password is choosing something that you can remember. Please don’t write it on a post-it note and attach it to your keyboard or pc.
- Use a phrase or quote Change vowels or consonants to numbers within a phrase
- (Example: 1L0v3Bann3r)
- Choose a word and add numbers to it
- (Example: the number could be a birth date, anniversary date, child birth date)
- Password must be at least 8 characters long
- Password must begin with alpha and contain at least 1 numeric character
- Password cannot contain special characters
- Password expires every 90 days with a 10 day grace period (80 days after the password has been changed Oracle will start informing the user their password will expire in x days.) Password can be changed before it actually expires or it can be changed after expiration.
- Password cannot be reused for 180 days
- Banner Account is locked after 3 unsuccessful login attempts for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, a user can try again. If a user has completely forgotten banner password and the account is locked, contact IT Service Desk at 2-3000.
If the password has not been changed to meet the new banner password policy, the banner account will be locked 60 days after the password expires. To re-activate the banner account, contact IT Services at 622-3000.