After Email Migration to Office 365
A few things after the move:
- Your voicemail should work now.
- If you have any issues with Skype, close it then restart the app.
- Setting up your mobile devices: https://it.eku.edu/support/office-365
- Two factor authentication will be enabled on your email account. Note: You may already have it on your Banner and EKU Direct accounts. How to set that up: https://it.eku.edu/support/two-factor-authentication-2fa-setup
- We are also disabling legacy authentication. More on that: https://it.eku.edu/legacy
What to expect on your PC after the migration (Windows)
You should not experience an interruption in sending or receiving mail messages. Any previously set up rules, conditions, tasks, calendar appointments, shared accounts, etc. will still be available after you restart the Outlook client.
- After the migration you will receive a message asking you to restart Outlook. Once you do this, you will be automatically connected to your mailbox in the cloud.
- You may be prompted to enter your credentials in Outlook.
Enter your username as your EKU username followed by @eku.edu (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Enter your password.
Select remember my credentials to avoid future prompts..
Note: If you have problems logging in through the prompts, please contact the IT support staff at 1-859-622-3000 or email@example.com.
What to expect on your Mac after the migration
You should not experience an interruption in sending or receiving mail messages. Any previously set up rules, conditions, tasks, calendar items, shared accounts, etc. will still be available.
When you first open the Outlook after the migration:
- You may see a message from Outlook for Mac asking you to allow MS Autodiscover to change your account settings. Select Allow.
For the cleanest experience post-migration, it's best to remove your existing account in Outlook and add it again.