Faculty and staff email is moving to Office 365
Beginning Tuesday, January 19, 2021, EKU IT will start migrating email accounts by department to the cloud-based Office 365. Student accounts are already in the cloud so there will be no changes to their accounts.
Features and Benefits
This critical work represents EKU IT's ongoing commitment to consistent and efficient service delivery and provides faculty and staff across campus with:
- A larger mailbox size of 100GB
- Enhanced Outlook for the web experience
- Improved integration with other Office 365 offerings available to users such as Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Education
- This update offers increased security and reliability that includes greater access to timely and secure service updates
- Cost savings over time for the university
For most users, migration requires very little action. However, shared mailbox permissions and other special situations may require you to take a few extra steps.
In general, mailbox migrations will occur at 8 a.m. and will be completed by the following morning. Some key highlights of the migration include:
- The look and feel of the desktop email will NOT change
- All email settings, folder structures, and existing mail will be retained and updated during the migration
- Following the migration, users will access webmail via a new URL: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/eku.edu/ (owa.eku.edu will no longer be available)
- You will now be able to use add-ins
- Support articles, including how to set up your email clients on your mobile devices, will be available here: https://it.eku.edu/support/office-365
What Happens Next
IT will send you two communications during the migration process:
- Prior to your migration, you will be notified when your Outlook will be migrated in the morning. No action or response is required from you. We will be moving by department.
- The second email will confirm that your account successfully migrated to Office 365. If you do not receive the second email, please email email@example.com.