IT Mission Statement
Information Technology Mission Statement
The mission of Information Technology (IT) is to provide a leadership role in support of academic excellence, administrative decision-making and operational effectiveness by
- Developing and maintaining superior communications and computing infrastructure;
- Providing prompt and knowledgeable support to all users of EKU digital communications and computing;
- Identifying and responding to changing needs of the university through fiscally responsible collaboration and innovation;
- Developing and promoting a unified vision of technology that supports student-centered learning.
- Evaluate and implement emerging technologies in order to solve problems, enhance processes and services, and assist with defining direction for the university community.
- Facilitate the use of technology throughout the institution.
- Provide and maintain secure and reliable information technologies to meet the university's changing needs.
- Provide professional development and training in the use of technology in order to increase the productivity, efficiency, and communication expertise of students, faculty and staff.