Employees Leaving the University
Employees Leaving University for another job
NOTE: Students must have taken a credit course.
|Retain* access to:||Lose access to:|
-Employment records in EKU Direct
*As long as their EKU ID is active.
Employees who are retiring
If you retire from EKU you will retain your email address and access to employment records in EKU Direct.
Before Leaving EKU Employee Checklist
- Email. If you retire from EKU your email will be disabled _____ days after you leave EKU. If you leave the university for another job or any other reason your accounts are discontinued immediately according to your last day, identified by HR.
- Copy any files you are entitled to keep, including:
- Remove software that belongs to EKU, including any work-at-home editions
- Office 365 (or purchase your own copy)
- Antivirus and/or Antimalware software
- Read and Write
- Move GitLab repositories to GitHub
If you have any questions regarding your student status with the university, please contact the Registrar's office, Graduate School Office, or another office that identified you as a student.