Data Privacy Day - 2020
Every January 28 brings Data Privacy Day, led annually by the National Cyber Security Alliance. We'll be posting tips and thoughts about data privacy on Twitter and Facebook throughout next week. Follow EKU IT on Twitter and like us on Facebook to find out more! EKU is a data privacy champion!!
Privacy is our ability to control access to our personal information. Know that what you share online can last a lifetime:
- Data can be stored indefinitely and used in unwelcome ways.
- Each year, data breaches continue to grow in size and scope, exposing consumers' private data and valuable business information assets.
- Personal data is like currency. Value it. Protect it.
Do a safety checkup!
- The Problem with your Online Privacy
- Five Things you can do to Manage Your Privacy Now
- Looking into a Crystal Ball: What Your Data Says About You
- Track my Location: Business Uses and Consumer Choices
Help create a culture of privacy at home, at work, and in your community. Stay informed about how your personal information is being used, collected, and shared online. For more free resources in spreading the word, check out the National Cyber Security Alliance website.