Valentine's Day is less than a week away and with romance in the air it is important to remember to be safe while searching for love online! Here are a few tips:
- There are plenty of scams in the forms of bad links, phishing emails, e-cards and QR codes. Be weary of anything unsolicited!
- Before buying flowers or candy or other items for your love, be sure the website URL is legitimate and that it begins with HTTPS before you enter your debit/credit card information.
- Only join online dating sites with "nationally known reputations" such as Match.com or eHarmony.
- Don't meet anyone you don't know very well off the Internet--even then meet in public and go with a friend.
- Don't post personal information online--your name, where you work, where you live.
- Watch for red flags-not a real picture of the person, ask you for money, declarations of love.
- Be wary of your webcam so it isn't hacked and then you may be blackmailed.
- Google the other person to be sure they are whom they say they are.
- Trust your instincts!
- Use strong passwords/passphrases on all sites you use.
Apps for Valentine's Day
Published on February 09, 2016
Share this Article...